Technology is always moving forward and is not part of nearly every moment of our lives. From capturing moments that will last forever on your phone to streaming your favourite TV show on demand, we can now do almost anything in an instant. But sometimes people do weird and wonderful things with technology. These cool gadgets are something a bit different from the ones we use in our everyday lives.Read more “Cool Gadgets You Can Buy Now”
Double Glazing Windows are an important feature which should be considered due to their numerous benefits and overall energy efficiency. In this article we will explore the Advantages to Double Glazing Windows as well as discussing alternative window types and other ways to improve energy efficiency in your household.
Double Glazing Benefits
- These particular windows have a number of different benefits
- Keeps warm air in the property meaning that less escapes through gaps and ensuring better energy efficiency
- Helps improve security as typically it is made tougher than single glazing glass meaning it is harder to break into
- Helps improve noise pollution due to extra layer of glass reducing outside noise.
- Can greatly reduce condensation and mould build up which can seriously damage a property or lead to damaging health conditions.
- Double glazing can also enhance the value of property as it is considered a valuable feature.
Alternative Window Types
- Other than Double Glazing there are a variety of different window types available each suitable for different property types and budgets. Triple Glazing windows are a new type of window which has become increasing popular in the Nordic states. Triple glazing has three layers of glass and has been hailed by many as the most energy efficient and excellent at retaining heat in properties. Its success in Europe is not surprising given the harsh weather many countries in the Nordic states face. The UK is slowly adopting this type of window as well. However Double glazing is still by far the most popular as it is cheaper and fulfils essentially the same role. Triple glazing is arguably more justifiable in more extreme climates.
- Tinted windows are growing in popularity for more commercial buildings such as offices or public buildings. There are a number of positive attributes related to tinted windows. Tinted windows are excellent at absorbing UV rays due to the darker colour they have. This prevents harmful sunlight from damaging furniture or peoples health over time. Another advantage of tinted windows is that it stops passersby from staring in offices and potentially distracting employees.
- Casement windows are a type of window that are also becoming increasing popular. Essentially casement windows open and close just like shutters do, allowing plenty of air into a property.
Tips For Improving Energy Efficiency In The Home
- One of the most fundamental energy saving tips we can give would have to be switch appliances off when you’re not using them. Although this may seem obvious a surprisingly large number of us across the UK consistently forget to switch off lights , TVs and computers leading to a lot more costs in energy bills.
- Another Energy efficiency tip we can give is having a smart thermostat installed in your property. Smart thermostats detect how long it takes to heat your property and also when people are in their property and so it can effectively manage your heating without you having to do anything manually. Some models are compatible with smartphones meaning you can control the heat from anywhere.
- Draught proofing your property is an excellent way to help improve energy efficiency. This can be done by sealing holes as well as putting draught excluders underneath doors and also filling gaps with gels that can prevent draughts. These can be sourced at local DIY stores.